I'm new to the stay at home mom thing and looking to meet other moms in the same situation.

I'm new to the stay at home mom thing and looking to meet other moms in the same situation with kids the same age as mine. Any ideas on the best way to do that. Not to mention I really don't know that many people in the area.

Proudmom_28

Asked by Proudmom_28 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• You can do a zip code search under Mom Search here and find people within 10 miles of you! That might be a good place to start, asking them to be friends.

PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 8:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• Go to the park?
    That's the only place I can think of...
    kookiekayla

Answer by kookiekayla at 3:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• This is a good place for meeting people. You can do a mom search for your area and put in specifics like age range of mom + age range of kids near your zip code. Start talking on here and before you know it you will be meeting new people. Have fun!
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 3:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• well take it from me i am 18 years old and i stay at home and watch my 1 year old and he is a darling, i love it but when ur my age it's hard when u don't get out and do much anymore, i feel horibble about it sometimes, u know but now i am going to start online schooling so wish me luck =}
    ILOVEJosh23

Answer by ILOVEJosh23 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Def check on here for groups in your area- Im taking my kids on a playdate to the childrens museum with a group I found on here. Also- join a kids gym and you can meet moms with kids the same age as yours. I was the same way- moved to a new town, new state, while pregnant with my first. It was an ajustment to being a SAHM, but i do love it. Good Luck Momma!!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 3:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• How old are your kids? Being a SAHM is great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If your kids are in the preschool age, I can give you some sites for everyday hobbies and crafts. ; )
    patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 4:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I was a stay at home mom for about 8 years. I went back to work when my youngest daughter started 1st grade. I was very active in my local church and we had several stay at home moms there, so we formed our own group. After we formed it, we found out that several churches do this. You might want to search the internet for groups in your area. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    mommabetho

Answer by mommabetho at 4:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Look up mommy and me classes, there's a group called MOPS (they're a national mom orginization), look into storytime at the library, try the park, look for groups here on cafemom centered in your town or city. Hope this helps!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Ditto with what the other moms hv mentioned.  Also look for indoor park areas, perfect for winter & fall outings.  I joined www.meetup.com  They have them all over.  You can join as many of the groups you want. It worked out great for us.   Even if you don't go to a meetup, you should check out a groups calendar for ideas on things to do.  Although you'll enjoy meeting other moms & kiddo's

Good luck! 

Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 7:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I am a SAHM too :) Kadentarasmama@verizon.net
    Also try www.MOPS.org

-danielle
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2008