How early does your child wake up?

My 19 month old wakes up between 5:30-6:30 am! I am getting no sleep. I was just curious what time babies her age wake up? Any suggestions on how to get her to sleep in. This has been going on for a month
Thanks!

Mommy2lilAllie

Asked by Mommy2lilAllie at 10:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Usually, around 7.
    I've two suggestions for you...
    (1) How about a cup (or bottle) of milk and see if she will sleep another hour or two.
    (2) Put a light in her room on a timer. It goes OFF at bedtime and comes ON at wakeup time. To start with, have it come on at the same time she is waking. When you go in to her in the morning, make a big fuss over how the light is on so it must be time to get out of bed. After a few days, move the time a little later. Keep repeating until you get her to the time you want or until you realize you can't get it moved anymore. That's what happened to me - I would have prefered later but the absolute latest I can get my daughter to wake up is 7ish. But that was much better than 5:30!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Our 3 year old wakes up around 8-8:30 and our 2 year old wakes up around 9-9:30 although some mornings, she'd sleep til 10 or later if we didn't wake her up. And they both go to bed between 7 & 8PM

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• my daughter wake up around 930am and she is 15 months.

at night we try to take make her very tired and we give her her milk before bedtime..

i am trying to set time for my daughter to go sleep.. so far she goes to bed between 930 and 1030 depend if she fight for sleep or we put her in
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• What time does your daughter go to bed at night? Maybe she is just going to bed to early at night. If thats the case make sure she has a good nap so that she isn't wanting to go to be at 6pm. My son just turned 2. He goes to bed between 10 & 11pm and wakes up at about 10:00am. This works out perfect for the both of us. So many people think that young children need to be in bed by around 7/8 pm but that doesn't work for every family. As long as your child is getting a full night of sleep (about 11 hours) it doesn't matter if she goes down at 7pm or 11pm. You need your sleep just as much as she does. A well rested mom is a happy mom!
    Nicolelynn410

Answer by Nicolelynn410 at 1:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• 11am, give or take an hour.

We go to bed at 11pm, though.. I couldn't possibly have it any other way.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My son wakes up at 5-6:30 every morning no matter what time we put him to bed. We had him stay up until 10 one night and he woke up at 5. He goes to bed at about 7:30, only has 1 nap during the day, gets up once or twice a night but still just wants to get up really early.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 8:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• About 8. He goes to be with me between 9 and 10. Maybe baby needs something to drink at that time. My son always wakes at 6am to nurse for a moment and goes right back to sleep until 8.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My 2 year old Aiden used to go to bed late like 11 but then he started to just be a mess so now he goes about 9:30 and he gets up between 7-8!
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Around 6:30. I agree with Kaycee14. We have a light timer in my sons room and we are trying to slowly move him back to 7:00-7:30. He used to be a very early riser and this has greatly helped. One thing to remember do not go in until the light goes off even if she is really crying. In a few days she will learn that she needs to wait for the light! It has really helped us.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2009