Why does everyone say that....

Flinstone vitamins aren't for you or your to old for them? I talked to my doctor, She said if I can't handle prenatal than try Flinstones. So why do so many of you on here criticize preg mamas for taking them? Most doctors tell you to take them if you can't handle prenatals. I'm just curious. Why go against something you know doctors suggest?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 10:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some people are just weirdconfused

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think that that is awesome. I used to love flinstones when I was a kid. You've got to take vitamins so why not like what you take.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ya i dont get it either..all my dr.s except one (who was a pregnant ready to pop raging Bitch) said it was ok to take them.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I didn't know people were so against them : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My cousin could not take pre-natals because every one that she tried made her sick. Her doctor told her to take two Flintstones vitamins a day instead.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Since Flinstones are for kids I thought they wouldn't contain iron or folic acid....but they do. I've never heard of anyone taking them while preggo but if you can I wish I would've known that.....my prenatals made my mouth taste like metal.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have used that "you're too old for flintstones" line... OOPS...

I only say so because children's vitamin needs are different than those for adults, and flintstones are designed for the child.

But if your dr approves or suggests, go for it!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009