How do you cut your baby nails? and do they cry when you are cutting they nail

I have 15 month old girl she scream murder every time i cut her nails

She will have tears coming out and scream like no body business..

if i stop cutting her nail she will stop crying..

why can they have salon for baby for cutting nails... so i could take them there and they can cut they nails and i can come back after like 15 mins..

mommytobe24

Asked by mommytobe24 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you ever tried cutting the nails while she is sleeping. I have seem to find that to work best.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• That is terrible. Just suffer through the screaming. My LO sits there and lets me cut her nails. I pin her in my lap and if she screams that is to bad. It has to be done.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I used to do it while they were sleeping, but now that they are 2 & 3, I make a game of it and they get very excited to have it done.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My daughter use to do that too. Its a phase she will grow out of it. I started trimming her nails then if she was good I would paint them. That helped
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My kids sit there and let me do it they are 2, 1, and almost 3wks. All I have to do is show the older ones the clippers and they come sit on my lap and hold out their hands and feet for me to cut them. My 3wk old I have to cut while she is sleeping otherwise she squirms to much.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I use to trim them when my son was asleep. Now I allow him to hold a very large set of safety trimers with a bandaid over the sharp end while I trim his nails. It works for a short time. Usually I can only get one hand trimed at a time but it has cut down on tantrums. If I don't let him hold "his trimmers" he screams, cries, and throws himself around.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I bite them! The only way I can get him to let me trim them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• What I've done with my toddlers is play with their minds. LOL

Put on a favorite TV show or video with her in your lap for distraction. And say, "I'm going to tickle, tickle you..." then snip the nail while talking about what's on the TV.

I don't know...my boys start giggling. I have two with SPD and to them it does "hurt"...but they will still giggle and let me snip them. Afterward, though, I have to watch them walk around with their fingers in claw positions complaining "my finger nails hurt". That only lasts a couple of hours though...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my daughter is 2 and she loves her nails trimed. she watches me and her fther trim our own nails. she'll come up to me with the clipper and sy plz even if it does not need tos be done so i have to pretend. She did go threw a phase where she would scram and cry and fight me on it. so hopelfuly you child will grow out of it too. there are some great ideas on here so read them all.
    mamaoneil

Answer by mamaoneil at 6:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My dd does great. I sit her in my lap facing foward and warp on leg around her so she can't go anyway. I put her hand on my leg and snip away. Most of the time she wants to help. She's not as good about her feet b/c I don't do them as often. Guess she's just used to it b/c I've done it since she was two weeks old.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 26, 2009