how can you stop two toodlers from fighting each other???

Mine are so close in age and the fight over everything, from toys to food. And they hit each other and I am afraid one of them are going to really get hurt??????

italianmommy978

Asked by italianmommy978 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Mine do this too! One minute, they're hugging and kissing and the next, someone's pushing or yelling!

Their attention span is short, so I try to get them into a new activity. After lunch is quiet time, where today I put laundry away in my room, Kade played blocks in his room and Tara read and played dolls in her room. I set the timer for an hour for this (they can leave for the potty of course).
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My 2 oldest boys ages 4 1/2 and 3 seem to fight all the time too. I put them in time-out, one minute per year of age. It drives them crazy, because then they can't play together anymore. They quit fighting as quickly as they started so they can play together again. Good Luck!
    patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 4:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My boys are 26 months apart and are now 18 & 20. When they were young, if they fought over a toy I took the toy from them and explained to them if they couldn't get along then no one would play with the toy.
    dndmomof4

Answer by dndmomof4 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2008