Anybody have a natural cold remedy?

I know I will have trouble sleeping tonight with this head cold.. but I don't want to take Nyquil... Any ideas for something natural?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• My neighbor makes a ginger infused tea with lemon and honey for me when I am sick. It knocks it out in about 3 days. It burns going down, but you feel so much better in about 30 mins.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You have to just let the cold run it's course. But something that does help relieve symptoms and cuts the time a little is a homemade medicine. I boil down some garlic teeth and ginger until it's nice and thick and completely dissolved. Add a little honey and take a couple spoonfuls before bed. This is good for all ages and really helps.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Echinacea tea. Or regular tea (I use decaf) with lemon and honey. Or put some honey in a custard cup and mix in enough lemon to make it syrupy and take teaspoons-ful of that. I've heard vitamin C but haven't found that very helpful. Lots of orange juice, maybe, from freshly squeeze oranges.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Go to EarthClinic.com

They Have a bunch of natural remedies for all sorts of ailments!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Drinking my ginger tea now! Wonderful. Thank you.
    Anonymous