My daughter has pimply bumpy rash on back of butt, legs, and groin area, help!!!!???

My daughter has a rash that starts out like a pimple, but gets big before dries up. It is inflamed when wearing a diaper at night or certain brand of diaper at anytime. Help!!??? It is small individual bumps that look like a "white head pimple" that raise up from skin and then get big, raised and spread. She says it hurts but itches it all the time. Seems to be made worse in bathtub and w/ diaper on. I don't think she knows how to say the difference between hurts/itches, but if not have Cortaid or Aveeno drying cream on she cries b/c it hurts so bad!
I am potty training, so she goes without a diaper for a long period of time but it still does not dry up completey.... I'm at wits end...I think I need to take her to the dr's office but I don't want it to be something stupid or all in vain. This has been going on since about Christmas. Not Localized only in the buttocks and groin area, but also some are also on the back of leg

nanababymama

Asked by nanababymama at 11:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This description was on babycenter.com. It sounds like a yeast infection.
    Yeast infection - Beefy red, bumpy rash in diaper area; pus-filled bumps; may be worst in the skin folds, with some isolated bumps around periphery of main rash; doesn't respond to diaper cream.
    You should take her to the doc.
    Kari777

Answer by Kari777 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Burning, hurting, itching. I would agree with previous poster.
    BSeignemartin

Answer by BSeignemartin at 11:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i agree but you can apply vagasil cream or lotramin with out hurting her and if it works then that is what it is if not take her to the dr.

the cream will not make anythingworse if it is not yeast
    coltonsmum523

Answer by coltonsmum523 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i say take her to the doctors and find out what it is. it does sound like a yeast infection. My daugher used to get them all the time when she was a baby. now she only get it everyonce in a while. luckly her doc perscribed a couple tubes of cream.
    mamaoneil

Answer by mamaoneil at 5:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i would take her to the doctor or you can try lotromine for 2 days to see if it starts clearing up. Thats what my doctor suggested when this happened to my son. also we found out he was allergic to any brand diapers except Huggies and also can't use any bath products except Huggies or Johnson and Johnson sensitive skin no scents at all even lotions NO scents.
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 8:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• take her to the dr. they are used to seeing children for the littlest things..if its spreading then you need a prescription ointment see if they can give you something without zinc oxide its too strong. I know its in all diaper rash creams but from experience my dd got worst using it... I use Balmex daily skin protectant I love it...
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 9:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That sounds like a yeast infection. My daughter gets them too. I would call the doctor because it sounds like a bad one. What worked even better for me than the lotrimin was feeding her yogurt. Also give her baths in the sink with baking soda in them four or five times a day until it clears up. These three things worked really well for me. Just a warning... it takes a looong time for it to clear up.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2009