Would you ever date a guy who's best friend is a girl?

Could you be comfortable with that?
What if the guy has even had past feelings for this girl?
And would your opinion on the girl have an affect on your answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• No. Friend with benefit and text , e-mail pain in the ass.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes I would if I liked the girl and if we all got together including her boyfriend. If he had previous feelings for her that had since passed, I'd pay attention to how he treated me, even past the initial be-on-your-best-behavior-while-dating stage of the relationship. Does he treat me with respect. Does he miss me as much as I miss him when we are apart? Does he have the same values that I have? similar interests? similar attitudes toward money? family?

Answer by Bmat at 11:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I couldn't! I would be jealous, and if he had feelings for her I def couldn't!!! I wouldn't want him to compare me to her. Your boyfriend is not going to compare you to his best bud joe but he might compare you to his best bud jen! I think its possible guys and girls can be friends, but I couldn't date someone that was best friends with a girl
    Anonymous

• My SO has a female best freind. They've known eachother since middle school. I met her in high school and she was the one who set us up together. Now we are all really great friends and I have no problems and no worries with her. At one point I was jealous of her, but I realized it was over their friendship and got over it. She's a wonderful caring person and we now look to eachother for advice.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have been Married going on 4 years to a wonderful man. When we met I was roommates with my EX of 6 years. We spent a year apart, then I moved back and we became roomates, lived together for another year (NO friends with benefits either)............. then I met my DH and go married...... he was dateing his woman. To this day we are still best friends, talk almost daily, my DH does NOT have a problem with it. I could not even imagine being intimate with my EX......the thought doesnt even cross my mind...lol.
    It IS VERY POSSIBLE to be friends with an EX without all the drama.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 11:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yea, if she was ugly lol jk ... but seriously it would bother me! I'm a jealous one though.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No, she would be in your business or you will hear Jenn does that why don't you? No way. Momma's boy is bad enough. But bestgirlfriend's boy? No thanks. Way too much competition on all aspects of friendship.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• no
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• nope!
    sadiebrie

Answer by sadiebrie at 11:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Nope.
    That's how DH and I started out- as best friends.
    Needless to say, he cheated on a number of girlfriends with me.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009