I need some advice

I have been ttc for 1 year. In july I had a ovarian cyst rupture. Since then I have had cycles that run anywhere from 28 days to 35 days. Last week I was at work and started to have sharp pains in my pelvic region and alot of pressure. I should have started AF on friday or today which would be day 30. No AF and two at home tests are negative.
I dont know if I would be wasting my time by going to the Dr or if I need to. With the last ovarian cyst she said that if they ruputure there is nothing they can do.
Has anyone else had this happen? and does anyone know if that would be why AF is delayed?

Jody82

Asked by Jody82 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would say if your cycle can run from 28-35 days not to count yourself as late until day 35 of the cycle...if AF is still not there then wait a day or two and test...if the test is negative then you could call your doctor and tell them about the pains. Or if they would get worse, i'd say call your doctor right away. It might be too early to test if you are possibly still 5 days from your period. Some women don't test positive til they are 6 or 8 weeks pregnant. I had a lot of pressure with my first baby so I know it can be a symptom and I have heard sharp pains can be normal if you are pregnant but you might wanna wait 2 weeks or so before testing again and try not to get your hopes up cause there could be a lot of reasons for that. Good luck and Baby Dust! Let me know what happens!!
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thanks that gives me a little hope. I cant do anything but wait.
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Ouch! I definetly know how you feel...I had 3 ovarian cysts burst so far and they hurt bad but I never had a severe change w/ my cycle or anything...I think you should talk to your DR. really soon.
    armanaqueen630

Answer by armanaqueen630 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• UPDATE...
    AF showed up on CD32 so I guess it wasnt as bad this time. I am going to make an appointment with my OB so I can get the ball going a little faster. Thanks for the advice girls!
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2009