What to do for induction?

I'm wanting to use nipple stimultion using a breast pump...but i've never use d a breast pump before..i have a double electric medela..but is there a certain way to use it when trying to self induce..such at time length and things like that?

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you 40 weeks? If not that's stupid.
    Anonymous

• when i breast feed i had to pump to really get my milk to come down i pumped every two hours for twenty minutes each breast or until i reached 3 ouches in one or if your lucky both bottles i did really well and just bearly weened my son of breast feeding hope this helps :)
    tanotanosmama

Answer by tanotanosmama at 11:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• anon..i'm under doctors care dum ass..and he said after 38 weeks i could try self induction methods
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You really shouldn't try to induce labor until after your due month is over (after 42 weeks). Baby knows when it is time to come and no doctor knows better than mother nature. I would also advise against the breast pumping because you don't want to waste your colustrum. That's the pre milk that comes out. It has a ton of nutrients that are really beneficial to your baby and it should be saved until your baby can suck it out.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 11:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I was induce for no damn good reason whatsoever, cause I wanted to be, the doctor didn't see anything wrong with it, I was 38 weeks, my little boy is healthy @ 2 months old and advance for his age, don't act like it's wrong to do it. Little TIP LOTS OF SEX!!! WALIKING!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Walking, squats, sex, and nipple stimulation.
    samara0327

Answer by samara0327 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• haha good for you and what is that answer about waiting till 42 weeks?? is she a moron your planceta stops working well after 40 so at 42 the dr would just be like ok your done and take it, people done understand that 37 weeks is full term, im like you 38 and some change but i wont think about inducing my 2 best friends had it done just b/c and said it was aweful just have to lay in bed and have really hard contraction, and one wouldnt progess past 9 and had to have an emer c- section, he ended up being almost 9lbs
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009