Pull Ups

Ok so we have been doing the potty thing and am not really all about it all day cause I dont think she is fully ready but she does do it, well my mom got her the cool alert pull ups, she thinks she should have been trained months ago, anyways they started breaking her out, so we went back to just a the diaper, anyone else had this problem?? AM going to go to the store in a little while to look for a different kind, any ideas on that?

hollinicole

Asked by hollinicole at 3:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Were they the Huggies Pull-Ups cool alert, or the Pampers Easy-ups with the cool alert? I know both brands make ones with out the cool alert- just the learning designs on the front. My daughter wore both kinds- never broke out- but the cool alert never helped her with the potty training either. My dd is finally in panties- for about 5 weeks, I guess. Once you dd is ready- she will do it! Good Luck!!

You can contact Huggies on their website and tell them your daughter had a problem with the pull-ups, and they will send coupons for a free pack, and 2 dollar off coupons as well. We purchased a package and the pullups would just fall apart- so I contacted them and they sent the coupons.
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 3:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• well my mom told me that she had to have all the brand name diapers for us girls because we would always brake out like that, so i know it would be expensive but it should help, i would keep trying with pull-ups
    ILOVEJosh23

Answer by ILOVEJosh23 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My daughter was 3 and a half before she finally "got it" with potty training. Even now she needs pullups at night only. If she isn't ready, don't sweat it.
    We never had a problem with breaking out, but maybe her doctor can help with that. You can also get rubber pants and lined rubber pants which are not as absorbent as pullups but should not cause any skin problems.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• With my girls, I didn't do pull-ups--I just went straight to panties. I'm still training my second daughter, but maybe that's something you could try too.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• well my son is 4 and i started potty training him whe nhe ws 3 1/2 with pull-up. He's now getting it. I only use them when he goes to bed. But i never tried the cool alert. With my daughter i went right to panties she was easy. But the pull-up are good Huggies. its just like they say.."I'm a big kid now" well good luck and just give it time when she is ready she will let you know. so don't rush it and if she got a rash by allmeans go to your doctor and tell them..something in it may not be working with her skin..but try just the reg pull-ups...God Bless
    LadeeNred

Answer by LadeeNred at 7:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I don't like pull ups, they're just diapers with elastic in the waist and they're expensive. When I was potty training my boys, at first I let them run around the house naked, and then when they started to get the hang of it, I used cotton training pants that I got from K-mart. They're basically thicker padded underwear, and you can buy plastic pants to wear over them in case they have an accident they won't soak through. After they really got the hang of it I bought them underwear. The cloth won't cause her to break out.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• my DD has the same issue , she cant wear any brand of pull up like diapers,the elastic in the leg holes are horrible...
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• We had to stop using any pull ups because she would just pee in them if she had them on.. it took a week before she would not cry to wear a pull up.
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Pull Ups didn't work for us because to Emily, they were the same as a diaper and she didn't want to go to the bathroom. When we switched to panties she trained. Good luck!
    iluvcallalilies

Answer by iluvcallalilies at 12:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2008