Should i be worried??

My boyfriend Daniel is deployed in Iraq and he only has 5 more months left and he will be home for good. But the problem is now that him and i have talked every day since he left and now the emails and chats have stopped. See this is my first deployment with him and this is his 2nd. so its nothing new for him. But I am wondering if i should be worrying out or should i just wait and see if i hear from him soon. See he was suppose to call today on his day off but i have heard anything from him at all. please help me feel better about all this.

thanks

sweetheart254

Asked by sweetheart254 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• This actually happens a lot on deployments. Sometimes I would be days and days before I would hear from my husband for a whole host of reasons: long lines for the phone center or the computer center. The most common was when he was "off" (ha ha ha) was when I was sleeping. Sometimes they have a schedule that just doesn't make it condusive to calling or emailing. It may be that he has been working a lot and crashing when he does get a break. There may be a lot going on. And remember there are always things going on that they cannot tell us (SO's) about and he may be avoiding the phone because he is afraid he'd slip up and say something he shouldn't (this happened quite a lot with my husband, he was MI).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my brother in law is deployed right now and we rarely hear from him because it's hard for him to get to a means of communication... keep the praying and keep the faith...
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That would happen to me a lot when my husband was deployed. I know it's hard, but try not to worry. Sometimes they just get busy, or don't have access to the phones or computers for some reason. I'm sure he'll call as soon as he has a chance! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sometimes they have too long of a wait to get to use the phones, and run out of time. It's happened many times to my friends. I'm an Air Force wife, have been for 12 years. It is normal for them to have days or even a week or two pass when you don't hear from them. Sometimes they may have a special mission going on and they can't tell you, and sometimes its just because they CAN'T get through. Not that they don't want to. So don't worry about it, and try to relax. You'll hear from him as soon as he can.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2009