Help me get through this please.

For all intensive purposes I am a single mother. The ONLY thing he does is work. Granted that is a big part but anyway. I am home with my kids 24/7 I never leave the house and when I do it is for a Dr's apt and I take them with me. They are 2, 1, and 18 days old. My Dr told me the other day that I have PPD. How do I handle taking care of my kids and dealing with this? Plus recovering from a c-section. When no one seems to care or want to help. No even my SO. I need some tips or stories please and no bashing please.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 11:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ask your doctor for medicine to help.
    Anonymous

• They gave me some but I cant take it cause I am BFing. I am going to call and ask them to change it tomorrow morning.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Go to God, seriously, it might sound corny, but he is the only medicine you really can need if you open up faithfully to him, are you on birth control?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am getting the IUD put in in 5wks we are not active right now we have been fighting ever sence I had her.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We havent even touched long enough for a hug in a week let alone sex.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think you might try-
    1. humor
    2. to get out in the sunshine & fresh air
    3. girlfriends, someone to connect with maybe from church or a library story time hour
    4. see the doctor
    5. pray

Depression is tough, I have been through it myself and you have to take it one day at a time. Do you drive? Could you drop off your husband and have the car the rest of the day to visit the library or zoo?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• please ignore camtri3!!! God put doctors and medicine here on earth to help us! and that was just rude of her to tell you birth control!!!

have you heard the story of the man stuck in a flood... a boat comes to rescue him... "No thanks, god will save me" a helicopter comes "no thanks, god will save me" man dies. gets to heaven and asks god why he didn't save him. "I sent a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

that was dumb of your doc to prescribe something you can't take while breastfeeding. call in the morning. best of luck sweetie!
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon that made me laugh. I dont regret my babies and if I wasnt going trough this I culd handle it. But it is just hard right now. He works haft the day(nights) and sleeps the other half(days) I am ot ready to take ALL three out by myself yet.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• been there! It sucked! my mom gave me advice on that one, it's what she did with us kids when we were little and my dad worked nights. Get you and the kids on a schedule closer to his. People may say you shouldn't have your kids up late or whatever but it seriously helps you have that "family" feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Any ideas on how to do that cause I have tried and no matter how late I put them to bed they still wake up at 7:30am
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009