What nail glue is the best for fake nails? Do your fake nails that you can buy from cvs stay on? Mine dont??

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• These are the ones I use ($5.97 at Target and Walmart) ... I don't have a problem with them staying on until about time to redo them and then they start getting loose. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• I should add that I wash my dishes in scalding hot water and the glue stays on.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• Oh good lord, go to a professional, and get your nails done,, you freakin' lucky you don't already have some kind of fungus,, but I am sure you look great with your wal-mart dye job and your great nails, that pop off the minute you touch someone.
    Anonymous

• what the Hell? Oh ok...hide behind anon while you say dumb sh*t. lmfao!!!! And my walmart dye job? why are you hiding scary b*tch. Come on Im sure I can guess who you are rotflmfao. Get a life, and get your head checked.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• @SpiritedWitch.....Thanks. For some reason, they dont stay on my finger nails. My aunt does them all the time, it saves money and they stay on for a week or a bit more for her. I tried these and revolon. I guess these nails just dont like me :( Have you ever used the ones for your toes lol? Yes us woman are made of plastic sometimes. But I use it for my feet, and they look really pretty and stay on. So its just my fingers I guess. Who knows lol.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• Fake nails aren't meant to last long...that is why people get acrylics ; )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• I dont want them to last forever, but they fall off the first day. Thats what Im trying to say. I am severely allergic to acrylic nails. It only started after my twins were born nine years ago. I use to always get my nails done at the salon. For some reason when ever I tried after the girls were born, my face would swell up like a balloon. I would have a severe reaction to it. Weird how things can change like that after having kids.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• That's fine- downvote me- I had a license to do nails so... (I moved out of state)

have you tried using acetone on them to dry out the nail beds before putting them on? that might help
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• no, but I will try that. I also have tried to buff them before hand. lol...oh well, no nails for me. My own will have to do. I cant even use finger nail polish along with the acrylic.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• Haven't tried the ones for toes ... I thought they were a little weird and probably not the best idea for me.

Wow Anon ... who licked the red off your candy?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2012