How do I make a great coffee drink at home?

Now I am all about capucchino (sp?) but b/c I am trying to lose some weight I stopped getting my large caramel cappucchino from Dunkin Donuts. I don't know the nutrional stuff for it b/c I don't see that on the site but what I tried today was a medium Caramel Latte Lite. (Both I get with sugar) I am a little weary of the sugar but it isn't the priority right now. How do I make a Caramel Latte Lite at home each day to save money and keep me from drinking coffee with half/half. The latte lite is made with skim milk. The med is only 120 calories until I add the sugar and some of the syrup flavoring. Help me figure out how to make this drink at home. I only have a small 4cup coffee maker and a tea kettle that goes on the stove. I don't want to buy any machines. Let me know!

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Use Non fat milk. If you don't have an espresso machine, Get coffee espresso roast but ground for your machine. You will start with about 2/3 of steamed milk to 1/3 coffee. You can get a good caramel syrup sugar free at Wegmans, DaVinci makes it. If you don't have a Wegmans, you might have to look for it a bit

To Steam milk, add a couple of tablespoons of water to your milk and bring just to a boil. It will foam. Use a spoon to hold back the foam and fill your mug, then dollop a half inch of the foam on top.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• add spelnda it tastes like pure sugar! mmmm caramel capos!!! i want one now hah
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Actually i have tried splenda and didnt like it. What i really want to know is how to make the drink at home
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Try a French Press, you can find one at any store, Walmart or Target -- it will give you a gourmet flavor. The French Press is usually $10 or less and isn't really a machine, uses regular coffee. Then you add warmed milk and any flavoring you like, such as caramel syrup or flavoring, which you should be able to buy at the grocery store or a coffee shop, like Starbucks.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you want actual cappucino at home you'll need a machine. You can get one for about $30.
    You can't really fake the milk. But as far as ingredients to make it taste right:
    Sugar free syrup
    Truvia
    skim milk
    If you make regular brewed coffee and add the syrup, sweetener and a splash of milk it will still taste like a latte, just stronger, but it's also better for you because you have more coffee and less milk taking up room in the cup.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Make strong coffee. It won't taste the same as espresso, but it's as close as you are going to get without an espresso machine. For the creaminess of a latte without the fat & calories, you can use evaporated nonfat milk. You can also use skim, but it won't have the same richness.

There are also sugar free syrups. If you don't have them in your grocery store, go to a coffee shop and ask. If you have World Market near you, they carry them as well. I'm not sure why you'd put sugar AND syrup...that would way too sweet for me...but you can always use splenda.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009