IS THIS NORMAL?

I AM 5 1/2 WEEKS PREGNANT AND MY QUESTION IS.IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE PAIN IN YOUR LOWER BACK TAIL BONE?WHY DOES IT HURT THIS EARLY IN PREGNANCY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure why but yes it normal i have had 4 and on my 5th baby and i had pain early like that with my last 3 and the doctor said it was fine take a nice bath
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I did- with my son, I had labor in my legs. With my daughter, it was in my lower back and I think part of it is your pelvis opening to get ready to pass the baby on through. Get a heating pad or a tube sock and fill it with dried corn and microwave- put it under your back while you sleep. Try to wear good supportive shoes and stand using both feet (don't lean)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sometimes pain comes early on b/c the joints are softening due to the hormones. Also, ligaments are stretching and even as early as the 1st trimester, your insides are getting some pressure.

super_mommy4

Answer by super_mommy4 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• stuff is shifting too make room for baby
    Anonymous