Placenta detaching!

Earlier I napping before goign to work. I was about to get up when I felt a gush of fluid coming out. I'm 13 weeks pregnant with twins and was very scared. I was on the phone with my doctor and on my way to the hospital and then I startde bleeding, I thought Iwas going to miscarry and they did an ultrasound and my twins were perfectly fine, the doctor told me some of the placenta had detached from my uterus but that my cervix is completly closed so I wasn't having a miscarriage but that I would have to go on bed rest for the placenta becoming detached. Has this happened to anyone this early on and was able to make it to full term? or has the placenta attached again to the uterus? I've never been on bed rest so for those of you who have what does this consist of?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 12:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• never had that happen but bed rest yes u just sleep and rest laying down all the time not much movement and no doing regular duties around the house pee eat and watch tv read lol not much u can do sorry hun
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• When i was about nine weeks with my son i started bleeding and so i went to the er and they did an ultra sound i had a tear in my placenta. they put me on bed rest and said it was a threating miscarriage and i would just have to wait it out and see what happened.. i was down about a week and went back and it was all healed up.. so ya i went full term it was so scary good luck... They do reatach but not always so stay down and rest i hope the best for you.. keep me updated
    aubreyluv

Answer by aubreyluv at 12:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That is weird because if the placenta was even partially detached it could be fatal. The placenta detaching means loss of nutrition and oxygen for the babies. Are you sure that's what was said and it wasn't the placenta covering part of the cervical opening? You need to make a follow up with your OB.. sometimes ER docs aren't specialized enough to know what it is they are seeing.. Stay on bed rest, and relax until you know more!

Good luck!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ok, I just looked it up and while it may not reattach if it's just a tiny separation baby can usually be ok. :) sorry if my initial post was a little scary..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• when i was 11 weeks pregnant i went to the er cause i started to bleed. when they did the ultra sound they told me that my placenta did not detatch but shifted. and they put me on bed rest for 2 weeks to make sure everything was ok...now i am 32 weeks and i am ready for this baby to come out. i read a book called Your Pregnancy week by week and it is awsome i highly recommend it. i also taught myself how to sew
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i had a hole in my placenta with my oldest, a couple weeks of bed rest and it heald itself, i know its scary,( i had two miscarriages before having my dd) but you'll be ok
    lbjbmom

Answer by lbjbmom at 11:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2009