What do you think?

My childhood dog is buried in my mom's back yard. She died 2 years ago. My mom is now moving and wants to either dig her up and have her cremated (she is moving to an apartment so reburying her is not an option). I think my mom should just take the grave marker with her (it's a stone with dog on it that looks just like our dog with her name, birth date and death date. I think digging Ellie up will be upsetting for her and since she died 2 years ago, there's not going to be much to cremate plus I am not even sure there is a place that would do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2012 in Pets

• Call your local animal hospital and ask about the cremation. We had our dog cremated... he sits on the fireplace mantle right now. That was in Jan... still so sad. (((HUGS)))) Loosing a pet sucks ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• Leave the dog where it is and just take the grave marker.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 3:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Leave the dog where it is.
    Many cities have laws agains burrying your dog rather than having the cremated.
    If that is the case where she lives it could cause her all kinds oof greif.

Maybe you could approach it that it would be a shame to disturb Dod's rest.

Depending on her state of mind.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2012