Man do I wish that I could lose some weight... Are you in the same boat? What are some ideas?

Asked by 35yoamom at 12:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• my husband and I did 'The 17 Day Diet' and each lost about 12lbs. That was in Nov. and I have easily kept it off. That was all I really needed to loose so I didnt do longer than 17 days... but you can.

The diet was EASY. The food was GOOD. And I didnt have to make a separate dinner for my kids. The food was just normal everyday food with nothing odd and no weird fads... simply cutting out the carbs and sugar.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• I swear by this  Class locator for bikram yoga.  I'm more fit than befor kids.  5'4'' 120lbs.

Answer by Farrahann at 12:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Run a search on youtube for a better idea.

Answer by Farrahann at 12:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Drink water -eat enough (but not too much)- work out

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• If you drink alcohol, stop. there are as many empty calories in booze as in soda.
    And walk- the average person can do 3 miles in an hour.

Answer by feralxat at 12:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Eat right and exercising

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Yeah, I was in the same boat. But I said "I'm over it!" and jumped over board!...and a friend of mines threw me a life vest. He saw plenty of posts on my facebook about how I was struggling. Working out, doing meal replacements, trying to diet. Then he introduced me to a weight loss formula that I couldn't believe till I saw enough results from everyone else in my local area! Adults and children. Why? because it was formulated with all natural ingredients by a heart surgeon that was over doing bypass surgery and not really helping anyone. He then went and broke out the truth about #1 leading cause of heart problems is obesity. So now he helps thousands of people such as me, slim down in a healthy way. And yes, we have a huge facebook group and he (the surgeon doctor) is part of it, if you have any questions. He answers! I am so thankful! Best wishes with your decision, otherwise. I can help you!

Answer by 808tiare at 5:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 3-5 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat 1-2 servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• less portions and exercise ...

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Instead of... Do this...
    An afternoon Coke Drink a glass of water. (calories saved: 97)
    An Egg McMuffin Eat a small whole wheat bagel +1 Tbsp of peanut butter (calories saved: 185)
    Using your break eat sweets Walk up and down a flight of stairs for 10 minutes (calories burned: 100)
    Hitting the snooze button Get up 10 minutes early and go for a brisk walk (calories burned: 100)
    Watching TV after work Do 10 minutes of yoga (calories burned: 50)

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2012