I have a fiur year old that does not go to sleep till 3 or 4 in the morning. Even if he goes to bed early, he will still wake up and will be up till the early morning. What can I do to help him sleep at night?

What are things I can do so he can sleep at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Adjust his schedule. If he is waking up during the night, then you are putting him to bed too early. If he is taking a nap, and can't go without one, you need to put him down for a nap earlier than that. Many four year olds no longer need a nap though. Every child is different. You just need to experiment to find what is right for your child.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 4:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Does he have distractions in his room like a TV? Do whatever you can to make sure he has a peaceful environment. If you have done all that, maybe he is just one of those people who don't need much sleep (unfortunately for you_)
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i had the same problem with my daughter (1yr old) i started waking her up early in the morning...(6-7am) one nap if needed between 12pm-4pm no earlier and no later!!...and bedtime 9pm...i did this for a week...it's hard but it worked for me...she's been sleeping through the night for 4 months already!! hopefully this will help u 2!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 4:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008