Early laboring. Happen to anyone else?

I woke up to little Weston continually startling & I couldn't figure out why. I rolled onto my right side (normally sleep on my left) & got the WORST shooting pain in my chest that I'd ever experienced. I am 27 weeks with my first. I tried to ease the pain by taking a short bath, but I found I couldn't breathe.

I checked into the maternity ward at 1030am, & the nurse assured me everything was ok. Once she left the room, my mom noticed something on the print out from the monitor... I had had a major contraction, 3 within the hr. I would feel that shooting pain, & look at the monitor and I'd had a contraction. Nurse came in, gave me a shot to stop the contractions, but I was super scared. I live in fear of early labor because my mom is infamous for bad births and troubled labors...

Has this happened to anyone else?

What could have caused it?

I have my regularly scheduled OB appt in the a.m.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have had to get the shot 3 times since 28 weeks i am 36 weeks as of today!!!
    but the shot worksi guess cuz i aint had the baby yet lol
    u could have need more water if the nurse says u will be fine then u should be
    unless they dont know anything
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh, and this nurse! I was so frustrated... she asked me my name 3 different times, then finally wrote it on a napkin, asked my bday 2ce... etc. One of those that's been doing it too long kinds of nurses...

I didn't mention that I woke up at 515am... I'd been having contractions since then, and didn't know it!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• it sounds like braxton hicks... its normal. and the nurses go through a lot of patients a day dont be tough on them for not remembering every single name of every woman they tend to.

they work very long hours as well.

i went in about the same time you did and was having contractions and didnt know it either. if it was too many contractions you were having, they would give you a shot to stop them and if they didnt then they were not extreme.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i was just surprised she didn't just bring the paperwork in the room if she was having that much trouble...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009