do u think animals can sence when labor is near???

im 36 wks and iv dropped alot and my issters dropped a few days before labor
so all my animals wont leave me alone
i mean i cuddle with them all the time
but now if i try to stand up to go pee or something the feak out and start to cry
my sisters cat hates me and she was laying next to my tummy
and when i went to move her she hissed and growled at me
my pitbull also looks at my tummy and starts to wag her tail and gets all happy
could they be acting like this cuz im gonna go into labor soon or are they just being animals????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Our two dogs stare at me all the time. Even in the bathtub...

They have followed me everywhere, and I noticed it only a few days after I found out I was pregnant...

May be an animal thing, but they do have strange senses... so possibly! They could be getting anxious and excited for you!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Animals can sense change, it may not mean it will happen this week but all of my animals were clingy and became very attached to me while i was pregnant, my cats always curled around my belly and followed me around.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i think that they're sensing somethings happening or going to happen..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Both my dogs followed me around while I was pregnant. But towards the end Bubba turned into my guard dog and wouldnt let our other dog or the cat near me. He would even try to push my hubby outta bed. Lol. But after my son was born the dogs switched roles and now Bubba is my son's favorite playmate and Misty thinks she's the mama and will growl at me if I spank or discipline him.
    samara0327

Answer by samara0327 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm not close to the end yet but ever since I've been pregnant my dogs have been acting really weird. They are really clingy and attached to me. my shih-tzu who is usually the friendliest and calmest dog attacked a friends dog who tried to approach me to get pet. My four pound Yorkie bit a friend who came in the house after I answered the door. not usual behavior for either of them. Last night I let them out into the yard before bed and the Yorkie ran around in circles by the gate barking and growling. It's so weird how they can get. but they probably sense that you're more anxious or excited now that you're close so they're feeding off of that.
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my mothers cats did that with me when i had my first for almost 2days before i had her it was too cute
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 12:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009