do u think animals can sence labor????

im 36 wks and iv dropped alot and my sisters dropped a few days before labor
so all my animals wont leave me alone
i mean i cuddle with them all the time
but now if i try to stand up to go pee or something the feak out and start to cry
my sisters cat hates me and she was laying next to my tummy
and when i went to move her she hissed and growled at me
my pitbull also looks at my tummy and starts to wag her tail and gets all happy
could they be acting like this cuz im gonna go into labor soon or are they just being animals????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pets

• No I doubt they can and it is wishfull thinking on your part! Why would you cuddle with your sister's cat when you say it hates you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i recently saw a documentary where scientists were proving that dogs can smell cancer,they constantly sniff the person and wont leave them alone,if its in the breast they are always trying to nuzzle your breast,etc,so you'll never know.i dont think they sense labour,but its well known that pets are very sensite to their enviroments and to human emotion,so hey!and i understand why you mentioned your sisters cat,it hates you but this time it was lying close to your tummy,so even that is weird behaviour,right?
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• A few weeks before my daughter was born my cat and dog went everywhere I did,I could not even go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without them behind me.now I'm pregnant again and they take shifts(dog in the day cat all night) since I got pregnant.it's getting on my nerves.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 5:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I love the way animals sense when your sad or sick... and i remember that when i found out i was pregnant with my angel in heaven, my bf's dog would not leave me alone!!! she would get cranky and everyone if they touched me... was very cute and sweet
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 6:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't know why they wouldn't be able to. If dogs can sense when a person is going to have a seizure, or if they can detect cancer (there are documented cases of these happening) then I would imagine that they can detect labor too.

bookay

Answer by bookay at 7:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well i went thru this when I went into Labor. My dogs (2 dachshunds) wouldn't get out from under me. Finally after I went into Labor and went to the hospital (single Mommy living with my parents right now) I had my parents bring the dogs a piece of his clothing or you can do a blanket that they can sniff to know its okay now then they were fine after that.
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 7:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes, they know that and they know if you are sick and they know a lot more than we give them credit for! i bet they can smell something or hear something we cant. they even have dogs sniffing out cancer now!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i belive they can during my whole pregangcy my cat rarely cuddled with me , the night b4 i went into labor she was all over me laying on my tummy, so yes i do belive they can
    hazeleyesfeb

Answer by hazeleyesfeb at 8:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think they can. If they can sniff cancer, and they can sense a heart attack, or a seizure, I am sure they can sense labor. Animals can tell a lot more than we think..

Did you know Dolphins can tell you are pregnant? My sister's friend went to Discovery Cove (a place to swim with dolphins in Orlando) and the dolphin trainer asked the girl "How far along are you", the girl said, "I'm not pregnant", and the dolphin trainer said "Well the dolphins think you are".. A few weeks later the girl found out she was indeed pregnant... Dolphins treat you different if you are pregnant. They can tell with their echo-location.. I am sure dogs some how have a way of telling as well!
    AlyssaH87

Answer by AlyssaH87 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My cat was super affectionate when I was almost due to have my son. She was even more clingy then ever before. I think for sure animals know!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 9:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2009