Getting Full Custody..please help

last night my sons father who was VERY drunk came threw my window when i was sleep and then assalted me and took are son with no carseat or clothes on i just got my son bacc this morning because he dropped him off with is mother who brought him here..i called the police and they took down my statement and got a report from a witness. I am going to file for a restraing order first thing in the morning and i was wonder how will it workout with me getting full custody of my son and also i dont no where he is living now but i he receives his mail at his mothers house..i just want to no what will probably happen next

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• as long as you filed a police report your chances of getting sole custody (at least temporarily) are pretty darn good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• First off, are you okay? Second, if he took your baby without clothes and without a carseat, that shows he is an unfit parent, and courts don't like that. You are very likely to get full custody. If he assaulted you, then he is more then likely to go to jail. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Have you filed for emergency custody? The first parent who files first gets the child until the court hearing. Start recording everything that he does. Have all the paperwork sent to his moms house. Tell the judge that you don't know where he is but thats his mailing address. I'm sorry that all that has happened to you. I've been in a similiar situation, and it was a long battle (he was a douche bag) but it was totaly worth it. I have custody of all my children. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• if you get a restraining order put the child on there too that means he cnt come near you or your son you will have a hearing go and file for legal sole custody if you all werent married when he was born on the single parent act u already have custody but you want it done this way so when ever he does this he will be arrested no questions asked cuz if not he cn tak him and say you let him or wateva.. i have ben thru this befor my daughter was a premie and 3 weeks afta she came home he took her wit no food daiapers carseat etc. in the cold wett rain on his work truck send me a PM fa more info i now have sole custody of my child!!!!
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 7:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am glad you got your child back safely. Are you pressing charges for the assault? Is that automatic in your state?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2009