How do I get my 6 mo old to sleep all night

She is being feed formula, and baby food. She goes to sleep any where between 9-11, and always wakes up around 4 to be feed more. I've tried just patting her and she still just cries until she gets the bottle.

since1999

Asked by since1999 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to adjust her feeding schedule so she eats/drinks more before bedtime, so her tummy is full longer. She may be going through a growth spurt and need more calories right now, and will settle down soon, for more hours at night.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• She cries because she's hungry. Take care of her!
    Anonymous

• I put a little bit of rice cereal in my baby's bottles for their last feeding @ around 11:00 or 12:00. This filled up their tummies and let them sleep until around 6:00 the next morning. I also ran a fan and a radio on low volume for comfort in their bedrooms. Hope this helps.
    mommabetho

Answer by mommabetho at 4:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• If she's getting up every night, she's hungry. Feed her. I remember my second daughter was over one before she ever slept through the night.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 5:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• She's probably hungry. Feed her.....would you want a pat on the back when you are hungry?
    Anonymous

• Try feeding her baby food more closer 2 her bedtime and that should help. creating a scedule is always good.
    deathmetalblack

Answer by deathmetalblack at 6:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• How do you know that baby is hungry? You're not at her house!

Some babies can get in the habit of getting up to be fed even if they're not hungry. When my son was about that age he slept through the night most of the time. When he did get up I would rock him back to sleep. I didn't nurse him and he wasn't hungry because he wouldn't try to nurse.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• why not just FEED her ????? How would you like it if you were starving and someone tried just patting your back?
    Anonymous

• rice in bottles is NOT GOOD!!!! and it doesn't help keep them fuller ....FEED HER, its your responsibility. Shes just a baby...
    Anonymous

• You can't, six months is still a baby. Don't expect adult behavior from a baby. Just be a mom at all hours. She will grow up too fast and you will regret not spending every possible second with her when she was young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2008