IPad app for textbook? Anybody use them?

My biz 101 prof. told us our text book had an iPad app for flashcards. I found it on my iPad and am contemplating purchasing it. I normally spend several hours writing out flashcards for 4 chapters at a time but maybe this would be better? I am mainly concerned if it covers everything and how it works. If you have used an app for flashcards please let me know. Thanks.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 11:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2012 in

• I use one called Quizlet that is free. (you may have to upgrade to use the image or sound features, but if all you need is text, it's free. and if someone using your textbook has used it before your definitions could already be in their database. the other helpful thing is that it will "set aside" those you get right and just drill you on those questions you've missed, so you can focus on your weak areas. ok, and you can access them online, too, so it's easier to input from a full sized keyboard rather than the touch screen.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:18 AM on May. 7, 2012

• i don't know if actually writing them out helps because the definitions are so long i just go into robotic writing mode. what helps is picking up the flashcards several times a day until the info sticks in my brain. repetition is what makes the info stick.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• I haven't used one, but for me writing everything out and making the flash cards actually helped me learn them. It depends on what type of learner you are.

Answer by missanc at 11:59 AM on Apr. 21, 2012