2 week old son bowel movements slowing down

My 2 week old has only had 1 bowel movement a day the past few days. He is becoming more fussy and sleeping less what can I do t help him?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 1:17 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's typical for babies to change their pooping routines.
    constipation is usually based on the consistency of the stool and not how often baby goes(or doesn't go.)
    when he does go is the poop hard or in pellets? if so then you should check with his doctor to find out what the cause might be.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• get him some gripe water.. may help settle him... are they getting thick and putty like? is he struggling? might be a sign that his body isnt happy with his formula, what kind do you use ?
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My almost 3wk old daughter has only had 2 poopy diapers in the last wk. But then agan she is bf and she isnt fussy at all and sleeps fine. My other daughter was like that though I swore by milicon(SP?) drops. I had to give them to her before every feeding or she would fuss really bad and it helped with her bowels.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 1:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• he uses similac advanced. His stool is not still dark and super thick, now its more orange and gooey with small chunks....
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well you could just try the mylicon like the other poster said might help with his bowel movements ...as far as the gripe water goes, its more for the fussiness, he might have some pains in his belly or in his chest from eating. neither one are harmful for babies, and you can get the gripe water from cvs or riteaid or if you want an all natural (however i think they all are) you could try vitamin shoppe, i know they have it at both places.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 1:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Normal. Normal. Normal. Normal. Normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sounds normal. He's just regulating his poop schedule.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009