how can i get my husband to spend more time with me?

my husband and i are in our early 30's. i had a child before we were married. we have been married for almost two years and i never thought that this situation would occur. my husband does'nt spend alot of time with us. he is a basketball coach and it seems to me that he is married to that and not me. i've tried to make up senarios to make it happen but it never plays out. the laptop has currently became his friend. tonight i tried to express myself on how i feel about it but that didnt go as well....you see i ended up writing this instead. i need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• It's tough because you can't force someone to do something they don't want to , and by talking to him about it will more and likely make him defensive and cause an arguement. Talk to him about making a date night for just you and him to catch up on how the weeks been set two hours one night a week where you go do something or rent a movie and just be together doing nothing else. Perhaps you can just get it so that he's in the same room with you playing on the laptop etc, you don't have to be actively engaged in one another to spend time together sometimes just being in the same room together is enough.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well, Are there ways you can work yourself into his interests? For example my DH just got into archery, and though I was that into it I started going with him to the range. It gave us time together on his terms and made him more receptive to time on my terms. As an added bonus I found that I enjoy archery as well.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Set expectations for the relationship and if he can't give you what you want, be prepared to follow through with a consequence.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009