should i not have sex?

Should i not have sex the night before i go to my drs appt? At my appts he checks me down there now... is that bad? hes never said anything about it but it now has crossed my mind ...should i not have sex and have him cum in me??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it's best to hold off on sex for 24 hours before any dr's appointments. It's because semen can change the PH levels in your vagina, and if they have to do any cultures or tests, it can throw off the results. So, I would say no, don't have sex the night before your appointment.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yeah I usually don't do it a day before, but I'm sure it's fine, they've seen everything!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• egh.. we just did :/ lol.

he never said not too at all, so we did, but yeah.. i think ill hold off next sunday. LOL (all my appts are monday mornings)

weve been having sex like twice a day LOL to help get labor going :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• How far along are you? If you're dilated your doctor may advise against not having sex! It seems you're far along, if you're trying to induce labor...Seriously if you're like 4 cm you or your baby can get an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• im not dilated......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think the way it works is you have to be dilated. The sperm has to get into the membranes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• no your cervix just has to be ready. sex and the sperm wont do anything to labor you unless your cervix is ready for it to help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• How far along are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• im 36 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• the amount you are dialated doesn't mean you can get an infection.. if your plug is still there, it's still protecting you. also.. an orgasm will help because it can cause your uterus to contract and the prostaglandins in semen can help soften your cervix, but only if ready...

i have had sex the night before my apt. I don't if I know I am getting an exam done lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:29 AM on Jan. 26, 2009