Please read!

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1373451&pop_voted=1

Please read and vote popular! It's important! Have you ever had a missing child? I can only imagine what that feels like!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• My kids attend an older school where all class rooms empty to the outside. My first grader and a friend thought it would be a great joke keep walking when they reached their class room and went and hid in a storage room. His teacher realized they were missing within about 5 minutes. It was so scary to get the call that he was missing.

In the whole 20 minutes that he was missing the school continuily paged their names, did a search, (they had hid pretty well), 2 staff people drove different routes to our homes in case the kids were walking home, called the school police and the regular police as well.

They were found out when they did a more intensive search and someone heard them giggling. I still remember how scared I was, but it was nice to know how quickly and throughly the school reacted.

DRL

Answer by DRL at 12:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2009