I am 32 weeks pregnant and last week I woke up with a pain in my upper right thigh and down the side of my vagina it feels like a pulled a muscle and hurts to walk i know this sounds wierd but is this normal...and i had an ultrasound last week and she is alrady 5 lbs is she big for her age

mrswarner08

Asked by mrswarner08 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 5 lbs isn't big, don't worry.

as for the pain, i have gotten that now but if you are worried you can ask your OB.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• With my first I used to wake up with leg cramps normally early morning 4-5 am, my hubby worked graveyards but luckily at the time we were staying with my mom and dad and they would massage my legs, it was so painful i would sit there and just cry because i didnt know what else to do. let your doctor know about it. As far as weight it really depends how fast she is gaining normally in your last month they gain a pound per week so you have couple weeks till that happens and it doesnt hold true for every woman i have seen several who had small babies and the baby didnt gain that pound a week at the end, im not one of those all of mine were big.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The pain sounds exactly like what I'm going through now. It hurts your inner thigh and groin-ish area? It's because all of your ligaments and everything are moving around to make room for your baby who will soon be dropping to that area. (I'm 34 weeks) I talked to my doctor about it a few days ago at my last appointment, he said it was totally normal.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My guess is that the baby is pushing on your sciatic nerve. It can give you pain all the way down one leg. The bad thing is...there isn't anything you can do about it really...except wait until the baby decides to move! Good luck! Maybe mention it to your doc and see what he thinks but I am really thinking that is what it is.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009