My soon to be husbands aunt and uncle can not have any children. She wants one very much. I love her to death and think that she will be a good mother. I was thinking about carrying a baby for her. But I was wondering if that would be crossing the lines a bit? She isnt really family to me right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Adoption

• it doesn't cross the line, if you want to do it :) It's an amazing gift you can give someone else.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think it would be a great thing as long as u do it maybe through an agency. I want to be a surrogate mother so bad and iam going through process right now and i can wait. I think it would be best to be a GS surrogate for her.

GS = Gestational Surrogate, one who has a fertilized embryo implanted during in vitro fertilization (IVF), and who is not genetically related to the baby.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i think its amazing you want to help out family!!! have you all talked about it yet?
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 6:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think that is SO sweet. My very distant cousin once offered -- I was blown away by her offer and did not take her up on it, but the offer was amazing just in itself.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There are surrogate groups here on Cafemom, you may want to check them out if you're really interested. You could hear personal testimonies and learn more about the process.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That is not a great idea.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure why Anon said it wasn't a good idea as she didn't specify her reasons for thinking that, but personally I think it's wonderful that you are wanting to give this family such a beautiful gift. GS is a good idea because you would literally be carrying their baby.
    One of the other posters said to check out some of the groups for surrogates, great idea! There is a lot of information to be shared there.
    Good luck and blessings!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think that anyone who physically but most of all emotionally is an amazing person! I've always wanted to carry a baby for someone else but I know that I can't emotionally do it so I won't but kudos to anyone who can.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i think its a great idea.. your really are an angel from heaven.. God bless you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Someone doesn't have to be family on a paper (marriage certificate) or family by blood to be your FAMILY. If you love her and feel this is something you can and want to do for her (and she's OK with it) then do it :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:37 AM on Jan. 28, 2009