I am at a complete lost (vent)

ok, the mother board got fried and we put it in the shop. before we did i was able to listen to my cds and watch my dvds when ever i wanted. now since we got it back i can't do anything! the guy has been here twice (right now i can't get out to his shop cuz of car problems, he's being really nice and making house calls) but i don't understand why i can't play my favorite dvd! i play it through media player and a window keeps popping up saying i need a recoder. what is that? i click on the box and it takes to different places where i have to buy the same program i already have. why?
this is making me mad! anyone got any ideas? the shop's not open on the weekends so i have to wait until monday to call dude.
just for the record, it's a player not a burner! i could never burn dvds since i've had this thing

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 21, 2012 in Technology

• I'm not computer tech savvy but it sounds like you may need a new computer. How old is the one that's not working?
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• don't know how old the computer is but the dvd player is only three years old. the dude we got it from just put the player in three months before we got it.and it was working the last 2 1/2 years.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• If he put it in, and it didn't come standard, it sounds like when they repaired the computer, they might have installed default programs, and the program you need didn't get reinstalled. You might have to repurchase the program, unless you have a product key (or can get one) and just download and reinstall it.

That's the only thing I can think of right now that might explain it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2012