Kids and facebook

i posted in another question of mine that my dd had a fb account for three months before they shut it down. what i don't understand is why kids her age (10) still have their account?

and just for the reocrd, she was only playing the games that centered around animals and creating towns, she never had mafia wars, crime city or anything like that. she didn't even play that zombie game. and everysingle one of her friends was a family member or someone she called family.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• FB is the root of all evil! Well, maybe not ALL evil, but pretty darn close! lol :p As some other moms have pointed out, there are other age appropriate sites for kids her age to play games. And hopefully at a limited amount, w/ the weather getting nicer. :) My dau likes Moshi Monsters & Club Penguin.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2012

• Why on earth would you let your 10 year old have a facebook account?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Because of safety and privacy issues. Facebook is not set up to handle children. Try Disney.com.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:44 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• then why is there so many on it?

Why worry yourself over other kids. Kids don't belong on FB especially 10 year olds.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• my son is 12 and he asked me if he could have a FB account... at first I agreed, but then I decided against it. Too much junk out there that ppl do and I don't like all those farmville games because they give computers viruses... lol I know some ppl can fake an age for their kids just so they can keep their accounts. I don't think FB is worth that tho... it's getting really old to me. JMO
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• FB is not for kids.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Yeah, fb is def not for kids. Just bc others let's their kids on it doesn't mean my son will have it. Their is plenty age appropriate social websites for children.
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 5:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Facebook is not for kids. Try disney.com. Try nickelodeon.com.

Or better yet, don't let screens raise your children.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:50 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• My SIL let her daughter have a FB account at 12 and she was monitoring it UNTIL she noticed her daughter was going in changing passwords,(my SIL could not watch the account 24/7) than he concern also was she knew her daughter's friends (not too many were on FB) but the issue was the pics/posts of the friends of friends who were all in that age group but took pics and used words like they were adults.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• the kids have an account because often it's set up in an adults name with an adults info

(that's why/ how my 3 have an account)
    FB isn't trolling the entire system looking for people dodging the rules. someone probably reported her.
    my kids have had adults try to friend them because their friends parents weren't monitoring their accounts close enough.

create another account with your info and monitor her activity a bit closer- someone probably had a stick up their bum

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2012