It almost sounds like the start of a cliched joke

Who are the bigots going to vote for this year? On one hand they'll have a black (oh no!) Christian they accuse of being Muslim (terrorist!), on the other, they'll have a (*gasp*) Mormon, which apparently the Southern Baptists are still teaching is a cult (tools of Satan!). It's such a horrible thing to be, that students at Jerry Falwell's university are protesting that he's having Romney speak it graduation this year.

I guess this must be a pretty complex issue for people who are into pigeonholing and hate - when you are racist and/or someone who hates everyone who isn't a Protestant, who do you vote for this year?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• They'll vote for the Mormon.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• LMAO NP!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• LOL
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Good Lord. And in that last sentence, when I said 'what so many of us do', I was not claiming to be a bigot (although I've been called that and worse in this forum in the past). I was thinking about the people that I know that are very conservative and weren't in favor of a Romney ticket being disappointed that he will likely be the candidate, they don't want to vote for him but he is a small improvement from Obama for a conservative voter.

Okay, enough with over-explaining myself.  I'm going to bed.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2012

• Which bigots? They come in all flavors. I would guess that each bigot will vote for whomever they are bigoted against.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Ahh, never mind. I guess you are talking about the one's from the Christian college or whatever is linked in the original post. Forgive my laziness, it's late and I am tired.

I guess they will do what so many of us do. Vote for who they think is the less shitty candidate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Wow. NP I thought you were above this generalizing shit stirring of religious differences. Guess Not.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2012

• They'll vote for the Mormon.

I am in awe of your grammar abilities so soon after labor and delivery. Welcome back!
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Wow..lol.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 11:03 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• I thought you were above this generalizing shit stirring of religious differences

An accredited Southern Baptist university is having the presumptive Republican nominee there to speak, and the student body is losing its damn mind accusing the school of bringing in a cult member to speak. This is not "generalized shit stirring of religious differences", this is a serious and legitimate issue Romney has to face for the next year. To ignore it is to encourage it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2012