In God We Trust

I don't know if this is true or not...but I've heard that they are making new dollar coins that are missing the words In God We Trust...anyone know if this is true or not and if so what do y'all think!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 3:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Haven't heard it, but I hope it is true. Not all Americans believe in a god, why can't religion be kept in personal life, rather than in the public?
    Renee21

Answer by Renee21 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I havent heard that but i did hear they were going to take Out "One nation under god" from the pledge of allegiance. I believe in god and think its wrong to take it of a coin and out of our pledge of allegiance
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• "I havent heard that but i did hear they were going to take Out "One nation under god" from the pledge of allegiance. I believe in god and think its wrong to take it of a coin and out of our pledge of allegiance "

Why is it wrong? Believing in god isn't a requirment for being an American, and many Americans don't.
    Renee21

Answer by Renee21 at 4:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know its not a requirment , its just my opion, i understand were u guyz are coming from and why it would make sense to take it out, but it s just how i feal. And if its such a problem why did they put it on the coin in the frist place or in our pledge of allegiance?
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 4:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I say praise the lord in all things!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=in+god+we+trust+removed+from+dollar+coin&aq=3&oq=in+god+we+trust+removed+from
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:20 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• http://coincollectingnews.blogspot.com/2007/03/feds-erase-in-god-we-trust-from-face-of.html

WASHINGTON, March 8, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Thomas More Law Center, a national pubic interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is encouraging the public not to use the newly issued Presidential $1 Coins, which have "In God We Trust" removed from the face of the coins.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• interesting.. the coins don't bother me. the only reason why the pledge does is because it was illegally added in 1954. the pledge we say today is NOT the original pledge of allegiance.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• okay i am very sorry to say this and alot of you or all of your may disagree but not everyone who spends money believes in god. Its just like when you go to court and they swear you in. They say repeat after me... I swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god. What about the people who dont believe? Its just not fair, when they tell you you have the rght to your own religion but all around you is a country who is god this , god that
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 4:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh. My. LORD.Is everyone lazy or what?

Do a little freakin' research people. Is this what you are talking about?

"Due to a glitch that still has federal officials befuddled, the U.S. Mint produced thousands of the new $1 coins without the "In God We Trust" inscription traditional on all its money.

The coins also are missing the "E Pluribus Unum" inscription, as well as a mint mark indicating whether they were produced in Philadelphia or Denver. Also, the coins are missing edge inscriptions specially made for the new dollar.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009