how do I?

My daugher is 2 and for a while she was sleeping all night and in her own bed she got sick and started waking up screaming at night and wanted mommy. I made the mistake of letting her sleep in my bed with me. how Now do i get her back to sleeping all night and in her bed?

mamaoneil

Asked by mamaoneil at 6:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i put my son in his bed and if he got out i would walk him back in there . he would get out of his bed a couple of times, but eventually he fell alseep. i am still doing it. so it could take a couple weeks depending if she needs to have something to drink at night.. i hope this helps you a little.good luck
    mrs.shyness

Answer by mrs.shyness at 12:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Maybe you should try laying in the room with her at night for a while and decrease the time you lay in there until she stays in her room. Try reading her a book at night and then sitting beside her bed for about 30 mins. Then tell her ok mama is going to bed now and if you feel like you need me I'll be in my room. Then like the next week try sitting a few feet away from her bed with the same routine. And just continue the gradual process until you find yourself out of the room and her once again comfy with sleeping in her own bed. But while you are doing this try to avoid by all means putting her back in your bed. GOOD LUCK!
    ShunXaMommy

Answer by ShunXaMommy at 1:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• she is usualy fine going to bed at first then she wakes up around midnight screaming. so usually she come in to bed with me then. what i might try is puttting her in my bed and then me going in to her bed to see what happens. thanks to the advice.
    mamaoneil

Answer by mamaoneil at 2:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009