I left a pot of chilli out by accident last night. Do you think it's gone bad?
Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink
Answer by mcginnisc at 8:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2009
Answer by cloverlady2008 at 6:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009
Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009
Answer by chefjen at 11:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009
Answer by AmaliaD at 12:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2009
Ask yourself this: Is it worth risking up to 2 weeks of constant vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps...and possibly worse? People who've gotten food poisoning from meat and tomato based dishes are at times subjected to a *lifetime* of hemodialysis because of the damage done to the kidneys and liver. Here's the thing: It was in a condition to grow bacteria for several hours. These type of bacteria, that can make you very sick, do not wave signs saying "Hey! We're here!"...so smelling and looking and tasting will not help you figure out it they are present. They also produce toxins that are not killed by reheating- even if you bring it to a boil. So, I'm back to my original question: Is it worth the risk? Not to me, it isn't. I would toss it.
Answer by jespeach at 1:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups: