what ato do?

so i have a cat with my boyfriend. he is a indoor outdoor cat. my boyfriend and i have not seen him in month. the next door neighbour told us that he has him and that he has been feeding him. I dont knwo what to do. cause also the neighbour said just last week to my boyfriend that he does not have the cat. I just want my cat back. what do i do?

mamaoneil

Asked by mamaoneil at 6:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pets

• i let my cat out too. she likes to go out and socialize with the neighbors. cats are preditory animals, not gerbils. they can handle themselves outdoors. the only time i think it's a good idea to keep a cat indoors is if you live in a high traffic neighborhood or if they don't have claws (which is horrible anyway) or if they don't WANT to go out.

basically, i disagree with what all the anonymous posters have posted, but if the cat is being kept by someone else, i think you're going to have to talk to the neighbor to see if they have the cat or not, and then, if it's still an issue you may have to just give in and keep the cat inside
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 6:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You keep your indoor cat indoor. It's your own fault if someone took him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• how am i to keep him inside when i live in a diffrent state then my boyfriend
    mamaoneil

Answer by mamaoneil at 7:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

What does that have to do with anything?  Keep your cat indoors and you wouldn't have to worry about the kitty wandering the neighborhood.  I'm sure your neighbors wish they wouldn't have to feed your cat.   the next door neighbour told us that he has him and that he has been feeding him.  There is nothing I hate more than having neighborhood animals wander into my yard.  Keep your kitty inside.  It's a totally different thing if your cat stayed in your yard, but if he/she doesn't then you need to keep the cat in the house!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• bribe the cat home. leave out tuna or something or just tell them you will call the cops and say they stole your property, say you bought the cat and you own it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If the cat wants to come home he will. I say let the cat decide where he wants to live. He's obviously happy where hes at. Maybe you could get visitation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• posession is 9/10s of the law. Unfortunately, the law would not be on your side in this one, unless you had a microchip installed. He'll come home to you when he wants to, if the neighbor truly has him.

So sorry you can't find your kitty :~(
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The cat will stay where he is loved,cared for & wanted!! If your boyfreind's home is the best for your cat. Your cat would know that!! They won't stay long where their not loved & fed Well & Regularly!! Plus+ it may be helpful if he's nuetered too! I don't know if he is!! We have many wanderers our way too! When A neoighbor's Cat gets all his pregnant he goes looking for more.... Cats do love their fair share of love, Care & demand attention! He may be missing you & looking for you!!! I hope this works out well for all involved!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm confused... you can't keep him inside because you live in a different state? How were you feeding him? If you really want your cat then keep him inside. As said above, unless he had an I.D. or a microchip how can you prove he's yours?
    InsanitySpeaks

Answer by InsanitySpeaks at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• put his cat litter by your front door. the cat should smell it if he is ever let out. he will come back to it. i had an outdoor cat that was very independent. he eventually stopped coming home all together and i would see him around the complex. when i was calling my other cat he came up to me let me pet him but he wouldn't let me pick him up. i just left him there when we moved. he was obviously happy there. he was either someone else's pet now or he just liked roaming the complex eating out of everyones dishes. i would call animal control and ask them what they could do. they shouldn't just be able to take your pet from you. even with 9/10 law. they kidnapped it if you ask me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009