How would you react?

I was asking for his help shreading some chicken and he said "Just get out and I will do it" I must have giving some look.. he asked me what was wrong told him I didn't really care for the meal we were making but we had all the stuff to make it so it was fine with me. Well, he didn't like that at all and stormed out of the kitchen. I asked him ( again) if he could please help me with the chicken, he said nothing. At that time, our oldest came around the way and I asked for help he said "sure, mommy!" and I told him the chicken was a tad hot and to be carefull. Then my husband came storming into the kitchen grabbed my shoulders from behind and "walked" me out of the kitcen. I went and sat on the sofa. After dinner I told him to never, ever do that again, he said "Just listen to me, and I won't" I said "Just don't do that or I will do something" ( I ment leave for the night) and he said "yep, you will go sit on the sofa".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• You put him in a bad light when you asked your child to help. It made your husband lose face. He was disrespectful by marching you out of there, but you were disrespectful, too. If you have some reason you couldn't do the chicken on your own, then he was childish to storm out. The thing to have done then would have been to wash your hands and go talk with him. Be more careful of his feelings. There may be more going on in this relationship that what you related for this one incident. He sounds as though he might be tired or stressed. If you two could get a weekend or even an evening away together to talk and just enjoy one another it might help. If you are terribly unhappy, then counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well i ddont know what is goin on with you and dh but if my hubby would have said get out i will do it i would've been like alright CYA
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't think you were disrespectful for asking your child to help you -- hubby stormed off and didn't answer when you asked for help again. But, you do need to find out if something else is bothering him, because getting mad because you asked for help is a little ridiculous. Did you guys have a fight earlier in the day?

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 7:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I like BMAT's answer! But for me to give you a good honest "opinion" I would need a little more info...like are you a SAHM and does he work. In the circumstance I feel it would be just a little selfish of you to ask him to get up and help. If you both work full time jobs then it was childish of him not to get off his butt and help out. But regardless a man should NEVER belittle his wife much less in front of a child!!! That would be a great time to grow a spine and let him know that ALL men are replaceable!!! =)
    mmharper90

Answer by mmharper90 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I didn't like the "do something" comment. Threats (whether it's violence or simply leaving) aren't the way to communicate. You asked for help, he said he'd do it himself (prolly figured you just didn't want to do it) then when he asks what's wrong you say you don't really want what you're fixing anyway (can only assume it's something he likes or you wouldn't be fixing it since you don't like it). I lay things out to cook on a regular basis and then change my mind on what to cook and just do it a different way if that doesn't sound good to me. Most of the time it's hard for two people to work in a kitchen (my hubby and I do things differently so we can work on different things but not the same dish). Good luck to you and it was nice of your son to help you :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:21 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I can see you are feeling a little POed at the moment, and I probably would be too. But I think this is one of those kind of things you just have to forget and go on like they never happened. And I mean REALLY forget it, not file it away to bring up in a different argument a month from now. If your kids see you arguing, be sure they also see you kissing and laughing together and know that you aren't deep down angry at each other, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't care what the circumstances where. Nobody has a right to touch another person in anger. You are not his child and he should not treat you like one. He should never do that crap especially in front of your children. I would tell him that was a deal breaker and if he ever does it again I will call the cops and leave.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009