why is he selfish?

my brother got married this weekend two hours away from where we live. (his entire family and friends) everyone who was in his wedding party had to drive down there to get their tuxes. I don't understand why he couldn't have gotten tuxes here.. since EVERYONE on his side was from our town. BUT NO. So Sunday we were packing up in the hotel and i was wrapping his gifts to take to him my other brother came in and asked if we couldjust take the tuxes with us. we said sure. so we drop off the presents but forgot about the tuxes! So lucky me it is my responsibility to drive 2 hrs there 2 hrs back to take back tuxes for HIS wedding... which it was my problem i forgot about them but the part that really URKS me is... HE WON'T EVEN MEET ME HALF WAY. All he has to do is go to amish country wish is about 40 min from where he lives.. wow he cant put that off AT ALL. BTW I have to work at 2. AH thanks for letting m vent.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yea krazy is a flat lander. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• AND THE TUX PLACE DOESN'T OPEN TIL 1130
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• oh honey is there no one else that could meet you? or call the tux place and see what they say i mean that is just ridiculous for you to have to drive all that way especially when you hve to work
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• That is a bit stuborn of your brother. Is there a fee if they are late? I would gently remind him of the fee and tell him you may not make it on time if he cannot at least meet you half way. It was his wedding...he should and DOES share some of the responsibility.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well thankfullyi just talked to my mom she said she'll take them... but you would think he'd be alittle unselfish and meet me at least halfway.. instead he said he might be able to meet me in ashland which is only like 25 minutes MAYBE from wooster. There is a fee 15 per tux which i have 3 tuxes. So I would have had to pay the fee! It was all so stupid and annoying.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ashland, amish country... are you in ohio??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yepppp i sure am :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• umm....this is just my opinion and I know its going to sound bitchy but I think you are the one being selfish. Its his wedding, his special day, he, ideally, will only ever have one in his whole life, it should be just the way HE wants it., well the way he and his lovely bride want it. Its only one day out your life to give your brother a perfect day. Besides you said your the one who forgot the tuxes, you absolutely should be the one to go back for them.......

geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I agree it's selfish. My sister is getting married in less than 2 weeks now and there have been times when I've thought wait that's selfish! But she is in a new relationship and things are getting a bit crazy now. Thankfully she only seems to have moments of selfishness and we are close so I can tell her she's being a butt! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• geminishadow... no your wrong it wasn't only ONE day i gave to him.. I gave up about a week for going back and forth down 2 hours where he lives with 10 month old to get the dress to get fitted for the dress. friday-sunday for his wedding staying in a hotel. I have spent WELL OVER 500 dollars for this wedding and mind you there was only about 70 guests there. I didn't complain at all about that though, did i? NO. I complained about the fact that he couldn't even meet HALF WAY. HIS DAY IS OVER. It is now monday, He is not working. He is laid off. All he had to do was go and get her daughter at 12 from school then drive 40 minutes to their cabin. But thanks for your opinion anyways
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2009