• In the Spotlight:

my friends lil boy

is 3 and she doesnt put him in the right carseat. she has him in a reg. booster seat. it rly bugs me cuz if they were to get in to an accident it could rly hurt him. i've tried to tell her but she thinks she knos it all. how can i get her to understand?

mamaof2boys148

Asked by mamaof2boys148 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well depending on his height and weight he may need to be in a booster. If that isn't the case just find some info and send it to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would check out the brand of car seat the next time you're in her car and then look up the info for that seat online. That way you can check to be sure that her son really shouldn't be in the seat before you make any more moves.

If it is truly the wrong seat you should let her know at least one more time - come to her with proof. BUT - try not to make her feel like a bad mom because she won't be receptive to that. Be supportive when your'e talking to her.

If this doesn't work, and if she were MY friend, I'd buy the right kind of seat and replace it in her car myself. I'm a take-action friend like that.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 9:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There were just in a horriable accident and thank god her son was at his grandparents. He is under weight and not the right height for the booster seat.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well I guess the issue is resolved?
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 5:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• no i tried talking to her again even offered her the right size carseat and she said it just easier for her to put him in that seat.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2009