Hives? should i call the doctor?

My MIL watched my son(17months old) so we would go food shopping yesterday, when we went to pick him up she said that when he woke up from his nap he had a hive on his cheek, then we had to change his diaper and noticed that he had them all over his arms and legs, I have a feeling it could be because it was very very hot in here house and he is not used to it being that hot causing him to sweet excessively, but we went to riteaid and got some benydryl, and by the time we got home the hives were gone,but i have him the meds anyway just in case, well when he woke up this morning(an hour ago) he had some more hives on his legs, i have him some more benadryl and i'm going to check in a few minutes to see if they are gone, but if they are gone should i call the doctor? i changed his clothes also just in case something was on them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like an allergic reaction to something the way it keeps coming and going. Have you switched detergents, or soap, changed perfume, or has he been eating anything new? My son will get hives if he eats to many milk products.
    samara0327

Answer by samara0327 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would call the doctor since they came back. It is an allergic reaction and you need to figure out what he reacted to.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2009