Is it normal?

I had a baby girl in January, i had my period last month which my mom thought was too early. My sister in law is breastfeeding her 12 month old, she told me she never had her period since she had the baby. My point is i didn't have my period for this month yet, is that normal since i'm breastfeeding could my period just stop until i stop breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, for some women it is normal to not have a period while BF. Your period could also be irregular or start any time post partum. It is dependent on your hormones.
    Breast feeding is not, however, a reliable form of birth control.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2012

• I know breastfeeding is not a form of birth control,
    i'm on the pill
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2012

• Some women don't have a period when breastfeeding and some do. I got mine while breastfeeding, and it takes a few months for your cycle to get back to normal so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting it 1 month.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2012