Hives, should i call the doctor?

My MIL watched my son(17months old) so we would go food shopping yesterday, when we went to pick him up she said that when he woke up from his nap he had a hive on his cheek, then we had to change his diaper and noticed that he had them all over his arms and legs, I have a feeling it could be because it was very very hot in here house and he is not used to it being that hot causing him to sweet excessively, but we went to riteaid and got some benydryl, and by the time we got home the hives were gone,but i have him the meds anyway just in case, well when he woke up this morning(an hour ago) he had some more hives on his legs, i have him some more benadryl and i'm going to check in a few minutes to see if they are gone, but if they are gone should i call the doctor? i changed his clothes also just in case something was on them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like heat rash from a sweaty nap - but if he's perfectly mild temperatured and he's still breaking out in hives I'd call the doc. Probably the doc will say that if they are going away on their own that there isn't a problem.
    Katrinka_Renee

Answer by Katrinka_Renee at 9:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Have you changed laundry detergents? I experienced a similar incident with my daughter after I switched to a cheaper detergent.. I also bought her the Boundreaux's Butt BATH and shampoo and it seemed to help it go away.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 2:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009