should i call?

My 7 mos old DD woke up this morning with a deep chesty cough? Should i call the doc or see how she is, shes acting relatively normal not miserable and no fever. But she was just around my 5 year old neighbor who we found out has pnumonia (sp) she was just there like a week ago for pullin her ears and now shes coughing? any advice?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 9:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the dr. and see if they think she should come in. I wouldn't want to mess around with a baby getting phnuomia. If she is pulling at her ears, she could have an ear infection, which usually requires some antibiotic. Good luck!
    scrappymomma

Answer by scrappymomma at 9:38 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It certainly won't hurt to call the doctor. At the worst, they'll just tell you what to watch for, and you'll at least feel better having some idea what to do. And if they tell you to bring her in, you'll feel better knowing you're getting her taken care of.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd call. If your weather just changed drastically that could be it (my son gets that every time it gets really cold after being warm, and vice versa), but after being around someone with pneumonia, I'd call and at least get a dr's opinion.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:22 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd call also, especially since she was around someone with pneumonia.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:43 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd call, just to be on the safe side. My son has been waking up congested for the past couple mornings but once he's up he's fine...it's just right after he wakes up. I'm going to call his doctor when they open today.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'd call. That's what they are there for and it's much better than rushing off to the ER in the middle of the night. They'll probably have you bring her in just to get evaluated. Better safe than sorry.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009