Jesus being the only savior is an opinion, not the truth

Christians are always saying that i am wrong & they are right. How are they so sure they are right when it's just an opinion? There is no factual evidence that I will go to hell because i chose a different religion. Christians telling anyone they are going to hell are not real Christians. And anyone telling anybody that their religion is wrong, is not a very holy person AT ALL. Sorry fella's, but Ghandi did not go to hell. God gave him the duty to spread peace & love, & he did. Why would he send him to hell when he did his godly duty very well? True the bible says "for god so loved the world that he gave his son, & who ever believed in it shall have eternal life" Yeah, it says that if you believe in Jesus that you will have eternal life. But, where does it say that if you DONT believe in him that you are going to hell? And please don't tell me my belief is wrong, because i could say the same.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 9:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To me the bible is a book that some one a long time ago wrote. Who really knows if it actually true or not.

Answer by louise2 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Exactly. It's strange to me that peoples' argument is that "the bible says so". They say it's all about faith. Well, i have faith too.....but for a different religion & a different book.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you are a Christian, you read and believe the Bible. Check out John 14:6. That's why Christians believe what they believe.

How is that hard to understand?

If you don't want to believe, don't worry about it. Why get upset about what other people think?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm not upset about it at all, just asking a question out of curiousity. Sorry, if i made it seem as if this question was coming out of anger. I am not Christian, but they are all around me. So i am constanly being told that my ways are evil when i am quite the opposite.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why get upset about what other people think?

Because there's a limited amount of duct tape in the world and there's no such thing as a universal ignore button
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• by the way it's not at all hard to understand, i never said i don't understand WHY they choose to belive in the bible, that's there business. What IS hard is why people go out of there way to tell me that i am wrong & they are right. I don' t think anyone actually read my question.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I hear ya!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Frankly there isnt a man or woman walking on the face of this earth who knows for certain who is and who is not going to heaven. That is 100% between you and God.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I misread your question!

I am not evangelical by any stretch of the imagination and I truly am sorry if anyone ever makes you feel "evil" or "wrong".

People who are insecure will lash out at what they don't understand and that's just silly!!

(I did really try to read your question - it more seemed like a "why do Christians believe in Jesus" rather than "why do all these people keep bugging me when I'm totally happy with my beliefs" kinda deal.)
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think some of it has to do with interpretation. Almost every denomination of Christianity is going off of the same book ---- yet their interpretations of that book are so varied they create different beliefs & ways to worship. Another thing is listening to their preacher w/o diving into it themselves. I know lots of VERY "holier than thow Christians" who never open a Bible except while in church & then only to the verses instructed by the preacher.

People like that really are the minority, though. I mean... there may be a vocal few here making it appear sometimes that 'they're everywhere!!!" or you may have found a bad patch living in your area...... but almost everyone I know is Christian, and only a VERY few act like that.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009