HELP! What can I use to block my 8 month old in his play area!

Hi, we live in an apartment..there is only one option for my son other then his play pen, that's to play in the middle of the living room. BUT, I can't sit on the floor with him the whole time, and he has figured out how to bust out of the baracade we made out of toy's! I can't seem to find gates that are for indoors, the one that is round and could go in the middle of the living room looks like it's for outdoor use only..it's at baby's r us. Can you give me an idea of what to do other then the play pen..have you seen round gating that I can use in door's??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here's a link to one at Walmart that can be used indoors: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8457890. They have other options on their website as well or you can buy two sets and link them together for a bigger play area.

And the one you're probably talking about from Babies R Us is called the 'Superyard' but it can actually be used indoors or outdoors.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 10:42 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• His bedroom is not big enough for him to have is toys in there? The bedroom has a door you can close.

Answer by louise2 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• he's 8 months old, i need to see him..I can't leave him alone in his room with the door closed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm always in the living room and the kitchen..it's an apartment. His bdrm is down the hall, He's already pulling himself up on everything! And he's trying to walk while holding on too..so he's a bit wobbly and it would be unsafe to leave him unattended. Just thought I'd add that so everyone can see my situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• When my children were young, I was extremely busy. I used the play pen all the time. As long as I kept it where they could see me, they were happy. If you feel really guilty about it, you can take a break every so often, take him out, and play with him. and put him back. I use the same plan with my grandchildren, and they don't seem to mind unless I leave their sight. Then they will protest.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:01 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thanks Princesspalace. That's very helpful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009