How to concieve a boy

Hit me with all the "old wives tales" and even the more *proven* methods/myths that are more likely to conceive a baby boy.

I have 3 girls, and I love them to death. But my husband and I are the ONLY people that can provide a boy to carry on the last name. Not to mention we would love to have a little man around here. People started telling me all these different things you can do to improve your chances to have a boy but of course I was already pregnant with my 3rd daughter.

So they might not work, but we're gonna TTC again and we're gonna do everything.,....everything! to try and get a boy. I'm already planning on buying stock in banana's. LOL But what else have you heard?

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is a book..don't know author sorry called How to choose the sex of your child. It worked for us. Boy sperm are faster but live shorter. Girl sperm are fatter swim slower and live longer. So if you want a boy have sex once you are sure you have ovulated. That way the egg is already there and the male sperm get to it first. If you have sex before you ovulate all the males have swum up and died off leaving only girls when the egg comes. This worked for us twice in a row. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I told Dh, this time, instead of saying "Oh girl" in the middle of the act itself...to start saying "oh boy!" LOL...maybe that will help.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my dh found the answer and has told everyone trying for a baby boy.... make sure you put it in deep! lol, he swears it works lol we have 3 girls between us and the night we conseved our son he swears it was in deep. and his 2 male friends who now have boys say yup u were right. lol. but this is my dh's way of maken a boy.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• boy sperm are faster then the girl ones. so if you want a boy try on the day you ovulate instead of before.. because I guess the boys can swim faster. But if you want a girl, your supposed to do it a day or two before cause it gives the girls time "dig" faster. I watched it on strictly sex with dr drew
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• This is what worked for us. We also REALLY wanted a boy and we have one.

First, I checked the Chinese fertility chart for when I would be fertile for a boy. There were 3 months in a row, so we tried on the first one. Second, and I learned this in biology class, boy sperm swim faster but die first, so the egg needs to be out already. Have sex the day before you ovulate, so when the egg pops out the next day, the boy sperms will be almost there already. The girl sperms swim slower, but live longer so if the egg isn't out yet, by the time it gets there, all the boy sperms are dead. So, I knew when I would ovulate, and the two days before, we made sure to have sex.

Then, I felt the egg pop out. I still had to wait a couple of weeks to take the test, and 6 came back negative, but I KNEW he was in there. Sure enough, our boy will turn 4 soon.

Good luck!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:16 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Really?
    Why do people continue to ask this question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• oi vay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Actually, what I did to concieve a boy after 3 girls was, after sex, I elevated my hips on a pillow for 30 minutes. We now have two boys by this method! (And make sure you are in prime ovulating condition like the previous poster said!)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 10:31 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• From what I have learned the closer to ovulation the better. So it might be a good idea to track your cycle. Boy sperms move faster than girl sperms but they die out faster too. So if they have to sit around waiting for egg your likely to have more girl sperms than boys by the time the egg finally shows up. good luck!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Boy swimmers swim faster....the closer to ovulation the better chances a boy swimmer will get to the egg first. Look online for Taking Charge of your Fertility....
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009