I was 5wks 2dys preg. and my husbend was not ready to have another baby yet. I had seen that it was very stressful to him. So the day before we started to travel...

I asked God if we would beable to take care of a nother baby on top of the one we already have. And I said if he knew that there was no way possible that we could take care of another one, especialy while my husbend goes to Iraq, and where i'll be going soon too. Then to take the baby cause the baby is his. I told God that, my baby would be his from now on and forever. And to take him home if we could not take care of him. And the next day I lost the baby. I know thats my answer. But I wanted a baby sooo very much. I feel so crappy cause now I feel like its my fault that he is gon. I WANT MY BABY!!! can anyone help me feel better about giving him to God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think some of the responses here are the worst I've ever read. Some of you women should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.

I want to talk to you about this for a second. When you prayed and told God it was ok to take your baby, you had probably already lost it. Without some kind of trauma, it takes several days or even weeks for the body to realize there is a problem and expel the tissue. Part of you realized that, and it may have been God speaking to you. You didn't cause your own miscarriage by speaking to God. God was already speaking to you, and possibly your husband, too. You gave yourself in surrender to God, and He rewards that. Always.

Nevertheless, you have sustained a terrible and heart breaking loss. Look to God for comfort and if you need to talk let me know. I lost a little one as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well obviously you weren't ready for another one, or you let the stress get to you, or maybe there was something wrong with the baby? You shouldn't pray for something if your not ready for the answer (or result) or if you don't want to deal with it. I'm sorry for your loss and hope your hubby will come home safe from Iraq.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Try calling upon God again.. you looked to him once now you are looking to total strangers on a message board?  I'm confused by this posting and frankly doubt its sincerity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm asking for opinions on how I could deal with this. Trust me I go to God every day about this. And a little bit at a time, I feel better. But I just want all the pain to go away. If you dont understand where I'm comming from, then I'm sorry. I dont know how else to explain this to you. Just cause someone can do something that you cant see your self doing, dosent mean it didnt happen. (this was directed twards anyone who will try to put up a negative comment)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't believe that god would do something to make you so unhappy. God is supposed to be a LOVING god so why would he do something that would make you so miserable? In all probability, there was something not right with the baby and that's why you lost it. So it's a blessing it was early and not later in the pregnancy.

I DO understand your question ... but I don't believe you lost the baby because you asked god to take it; so you shouldn't feel guilt about it. It's NOT your fault.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Well it isn't as if you prayed to God to bless you and keep you safe and show you how to handle the addition to the family you ask him to take the baby..

SO I apologize I just hate fake posters on the message board and in my humble opinion this one has that sort of ring about it.. It is very hurtful to those of us who have actually lost babies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I think it shows great trust in God to pray like you did. Just because you put it in God's hands doesn't make the results any easer to bear. We are human with human emotions, there is nothing wrong with that.

Here is a few verses that you might find helpful..

Matt 11:28
    Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest

Lam. 3:22-23
    Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. The are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness

luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• why is it so dam hard for you to belive that I lost my child? who the hell would make up something so horible? Whoever would do such a horible thing in my opinion shouldnt beable to have kids. So then they could actualy understand some pain. Just cause you dont belive me dosent mean it didnt happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My husbend was so stressed over bringing another baby into the world that he actualy got depressed. I tried turning to God to help him with his hard time and his worries. And I didnt see a change. So then I knew we probably wouldnt make it. And if that were to be the case then I wanted it to be God to take him, not someone/something else. thats why I asked God to do it... but whatever, belive in what you want, it wont effect my life non.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It's not your fault. Don't balme yourself. You gave it to god. If god felt that you could have a second child then he would not have taken it. Pray for the soul that was once in your belly.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:41 AM on Jan. 26, 2009